Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Middle East: Stop “honour” killings, Stop Stoning

I have been meaning to post this on my blog for the past several days. It shows the stoning of Doa, the Iraqi girl. She is said to have been a Muslim and in love with a devil worshiper (or the other way around). After I watched it I couldn't move. I wrote to my friend Parham who had send me the link that I don't know what to do and how to react. He had felt the same after watching it.

Related: Amnesty International is appalled by the killing of Du’a Khalil Aswad, aged about 17, who was stoned to death on or around 7 April 2007 for a so-called honour crime. A member of Iraq’s Yezidi religious minority from the village of Bahzan in northern Iraq, she was killed by a group of eight or nine men and in the presence of a large crowd in the town of Bashika, near the city of Mosul. Some of her relatives are said to have participated in the killing.